Global population coverage of geostationary satellites for all 360 longitudes, by country.
For each longitude, for each country, get the number of people covered by the satellite for a minimum elevation of 10 degrees.
Sample file containing only 1 longitude: sample excel file
Population data resolution: 2.5 arc-minutes (approximatively 5 km) (37 million data points)
The map image attached in the product description represents the coverture of a geostationary satellite at longitude 0, and the population density covered. The data delivered is an Excel spreadsheet comparable to the sample, but filled with data.
UN WPP-Adjusted Population Count, v4.11 (2000, 2005, 2010, 2015, 2020)
Center for International Earth Science Information Network (CIESIN), Columbia University. 2018. Gridded Population of the World, Version 4 (GPWv4): Population Count Adjusted to Match 2015 Revision of UN WPP Country Totals, Revision 11.
Palisades, NY: NASA Socioeconomic Data and Applications Center (SEDAC). https://doi.org/10.7927/H4PN93PB.
Disclaimer and License Agreement
Julien’s Lab have used their best efforts in collecting and preparing this file. Julien’s Lab takes no responsibility for any incorrect information supplied to us.
Julien’s Lab does not assume, and hereby disclaims, any liabilities for any loss or damage caused by errors or omissions in preparing the product, whether such errors or omissions result from negligence, accident or other causes.
Licensed exclusively to the buyer’s organization, or to the buyer if not a registered organization.
This Julien’s Lab file is a limited publication containing valuable insight and marketing information.
The use of this document is subject to the following terms and conditions:
- The entire contents of this Excel file are copyrighted by Julien’s Lab
- Use of this document is limited to only those personnel who are:
- Employed full time by the organization purchasing this report;
- Working within the licensed division of the organization.
- Duplication of the document in electronic form, and the transmittal of the file in any form outside the licensed organization, is strictly prohibited.
- Only those personnel falling under the criteria set in point two of this license agreement may print off a copy of the document.
- The individual purchasing this user license agreement shall make reasonable effort to inform additional users of the restrictions associated with the use of this document.
- This License does not permit distribution to a third-party company or consultant acting on behalf of your company, nor should any of the information associated with this research be released to the general public.
If you have any questions, or would like to upgrade your license, please contact Julien’s Lab at firstname.lastname@example.org.