An IQ! error appeared on Dec 6 for users using stock information. This is due to the stock information supplier being in maintenance and the code not handling this event properly.
The code has been updated on the server and in the watchface code to handle any unexpected stock data without causing an IQ! error.
Following feedback of several users with various devices, and especially Fenix 6 Pro Solar users, there has been several updates pushed in a short period of time, to remove bugs and add features.
- Added datapoint 11 (weeknumber)
- Added datapoint 93 (battery charge)
- Reinstated datapoint 54.1 and 54.2 (that were removed temporarily for memory reasons).
- Fixed bug related to stock price.
- Fixed out-of-memory error that occurred on Fenix 6 Pro Solar (and any 280px screen watch).
- Wind direction now NNE style (3 characters) in addition to NE (2 characters) and N (1 character).
- Internal temperature can be selected as datapoint 34.
- Distance fixed (now in km or miles as expected).
Future updates will come at a slower pace, and will be released in the Beta channel first to ensure stability.
It is increasingly difficult (if not impossible) to add more features because the memory limit of the program is reached and memory optimization has been carried out.
There has been a disruption on stock service from Nov 28 to 30, due to an upgrade in the stock service account with our supplier, but a glitch in the activation of this upgrade.
Service has been resumed on Dec 1 at 5am GMT and there is no further disruption planned.
WorldFace is one year old! First release was on November 26, 2018.
I released a new watch face on Connect IQ store. It shows a graph and prices for up to 3 stocks or FOREX pairs. Like WorldFace, this watch face can be fully customized using the same codes.
It is free for now but will be priced at some point in the future.